The time has finally come. Artificial Intelligence is taking over. I have always been a skeptic of AI and its capabilities, but I can no longer deny how far technology has come. Although I think it is amazing all that AI’s like DALL-E2 and ChatGDT can do, it does frighten me a bit. Used as a tool, I think these AI’s can do a lot of great things, but I think there’s a fine line between what we should have the AI do for us, and what we should do ourselves. As soon as the AI starts thinking for us, the use of AI is wrong. People have fought for centuries to have their own voice, and by having AI’s write papers for us and tell us what we should think on a certain topic we start to give them the right to our own voice…what’s to say we’ll get it back?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) offers a number of advantages, including:
- Efficiency: AI can perform tasks faster and more accurately than humans, reducing the time and resources needed to complete complex tasks.
- Consistency: AI systems can be programmed to consistently perform tasks to the same high standard, eliminating the risk of human error.
- Cost savings: AI can automate routine and repetitive tasks, reducing the need for human labor and saving on labor costs.
- Decision-making: AI can analyze large amounts of data and provide insights that can help humans make better-informed decisions.
- Innovation: AI has the potential to create new products, services, and business models, driving innovation and economic growth.
- Safety: AI can be used in dangerous or hazardous environments, reducing the risk to human lives.
- Personalization: AI can be used to create personalized experiences for individuals, such as recommendations for products or services based on their preferences and behavior.
- Accessibility: AI can help overcome barriers to access for people with disabilities, improving their quality of life.
Overall, AI has the potential to revolutionize many aspects of our lives, from healthcare and transportation to education and entertainment.
These benefits to using AI were generated by ChatGPT. I could easily pass its ideas and or its writings as my own, but I will not do that because I still believe that the principle is of utmost importance. For that reason I will never try to pass the AI’s work off as my own. I still see the value in my own voice even if I am not able to go through the entirety of the internet to generate my opinions or ideas. AI is no doubt going to play a huge role in our future and I see no problem in that, but I do think people need to be taught how to use it as a tool rather than a crutch.
Introducing ChatGPT. (n.d.-b). https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt